APRIL 19-21, 2018 ANNUAL HISTORICAL SOCIETY CONFERENCE, ALAMOGORDO, NEW MEXICO
GENERAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION
The 2018 New Mexico History Conference will be held in Alamogordo on Thursday, April 19 – Saturday, April 21.
The conference events will be held on the campus of New Mexico State University, Alamgorodo (NMSU-A) in the Science Center, Rohovec Fine Arts Center, and Tays Center at 2400 N. Scenic Dr. The Thursday night reception will be held at the New Mexico Museum of Space History just up the hill from NMSU-A at the Top of Highway 2001.
Registration and book vendors will be located at the Science Center building.
There is no official Conference hotel for this year’s event. However, Alamogordo and the surrounding area offers a wide variety of lodging opportunities. Below is a list of hotels and RV/camping locations. You can contact the hotels directly, or book through their websites or booking website of your choice.
- Budget Inn 2404 N. White Sands Blvd.Booking site of your choice
- Days Inn 907 S. White Sands Blvd.1-800-329-1992
- Fairfield Inn & Suites 300 Panorama Blvd.1-844-631-0595 fairfield.marriott.com
- Hampton Inn 1295 Hamilton Rd.(575) 439-1782 hamptoninn3.hilton.com
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 100 Kerry Ave 1-877-859-5095 (575) 434-9773 www.hiexpress.com
- Magnuson Hotels & Suites 1021 S. White Sands Bvld.(575) 214-7410 firstname.lastname@example.org www.magnusonhotels.com
- Motel 6 251 Panorama Blvd.(575) 434-5970 www.motel6.com
- Quality Inn 1020 S. White Sands Blvd.1-855-849-1513 choicehotels.com
- Suburban Extended Stay 2500 N. White Sands Blvd.(575) 446-6111 choicehotels.com
- White Sands Motel 1101 S. White Sands Blvd.(575) 437-2922 1-877-437-2922 email@example.com
The Lodge of Cloudcroft 601 Corona Place Cloudcroft, NM 1-800-395-6343 (575) 682-2566 firstname.lastname@example.org
KOA 412 24th Street Reservations: 800-562-3452 (575) 437-3003 email@example.com RV and Tent Sites, Cabin Accommodations
Camping at Oliver Lee Memorial State Park 409 Dog Canyon Road Alamogordo, NM 88310 (575) 437-8284 http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/spd/oliverleestatepark.html The park has 44 developed picnic/campsites:
7 sites can be reserved through ReserveAmerica, through the New Mexico State Parks website (www.nmparks.com) or calling 877-664-7787
- 14 sites (first-come, first-served sites) have water and electricity
- 1 Handicap site (first-come, first-served site) with water and electricity
- 23 developed sites (first-come, first-served) with water nearby